Message from Dr. Lamas:
Lamas Dental Specialists has been open to serve our patients and our community during this unprecedented time. We have led our dental specialty with knowledge, vision, and innovation. Our office will continue to monitor the spread of COVID-19 and make important decisions for the safety of our Patients, Team, and Colleagues. We are very comfortable and safe with our new facility and all the modern-day technologies it has to offer. We have always maintained a high level of cleanliness and sterilization throughout our office for everyone’s safety. We are committed to our patients’ safety, oral health, and overall wellbeing.
Please contact us with any questions.
We are here for you.
Dr. William P Lamas
Team Training and Education
- Our Team undergoes OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) training on a regular and consistent basis.
- Our office is certified by OSHA, meeting the highest standards of infection control.
- Our team members are certified professionals in their respected fields and as such have undergone the rigors of proper infection control in a health care/dental facility.
- Our clinical team are certified professionals in their respected fields and have continuous training which includes the use and disposal of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- We have always advocated proper handwashing, sanitizing gel wash, and the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Our Team has implemented the new ADA (American Dental Association), CDC (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) recommendations and guidelines.
- As per the new ADA guidelines, we continue to monitor the health of our team members in order to prevent the spread of any contagious or infectious disease.
- In order to mitigate infectious contagious diseases, our team practices proper personal hygiene.
Pre-Appointment Screening Process
- When scheduling patients, we will be screening them over the phone with a series of questions in order to identify any potential exposure to an infectious contagious disease.
- We will not be scheduling patients who are describing any signs or symptoms that are warning signs of an infectious contagious disease.
- Those patients that are describing signs or symptoms will be referred to their primary care physician for proper evaluation and we will be collaborating with their office regarding their care.
- All patients unable to visit our office for any reason can be appointed for a virtual consultation via Teledentistmiami.com
- Patients will be asked to limit companions when visiting our office to only essential people in order to practice social distancing.
- Patients will have the option to wait in their car until their appointment time.
What To Expect When You Arrive
- You will arrive to a reception area that is clean and sanitized on a continuous basis, i.e. door handles, countertops, furniture, bathrooms, tables, light switches, computers, etc.
- Sanitizing gel will be provided and encouraged to be used.
- You are welcome to come to your appointment wearing a facial cover for your personal protection.
- We will limit the number of patients in our reception area in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Ipads, pens, clipboards, or any other items being used by our patients are being sanitized after each use.
- Expect to be given a patient screening form which will assess your current physical condition and have your temperature taken.
- If you have answered positively to any responses or have an elevated body temperature (100.4 F), you will be given a mask and further assessed by the doctor before any treatment is rendered.
- All treatment rooms are closed, single-patient rooms with doors which allows for HIPAA privacy and to mitigate the spread of any contagious infectious diseases.
- All treatment rooms are cleaned and disinfected accordingly, following our stringent protocols with disinfection towelettes which are tuberculocidal, bacterialcidal, virucidal, and fungicidal.
- As part of our ongoing enhanced disinfection protocol, we have added disinfectant sprays to further treat the rooms.
- Our office has modern technology with regards to air quality. It is continuously replaced with fresh air from the outside with special air conditioning units.
- The ambient air circulating throughout the office is treated and disinfected via ultraviolet light systems that are incorporated into our air handlers.
- Our state-of-the-art sterilization room disinfects and sterilizes all patient instrumentation according to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and CDC (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) standards.
- Our sterilizers are calibrated and biologically monitored on a continuous basis for efficacy.
- We have enhanced our aerosol containment protocols to mitigate the spread of any contagious infectious disease.
- All patients will be given an anti-infection pre-procedure rinse before any treatment is rendered.